|Things to Do on Earth Day and All Year Long|
|Written by Cheryl|
|Saturday, 21 April 2012 03:06|
1. Participate in ISF’s Get Dirty Project! Click Here for more information
2. If you can’t “Get Dirty” with ISF, then just go around your own neighborhood and clean up garbage and recycle what you can! You can follow the “Get Dirty” guidelines to help you along!
3. Plant trees! Check your municipality to see if there are tree planting programs going on this weekend! If you can start planting in your own garden! You can also E-Plant for free by clicking here!
4. Offset your carbon footprint by donating to organization that help the environment like ISF! Click to Donate!
5. Don’t use your car today! Ride your bike, walk or use public transportation.
6. Cook a special Earth Day meal! Use local and organic products. Go raw where possible and go meatless for the lowest environmental impact! If you need to eat meat, try to buy organic from a local farmer. Weather permitting eat outside and use nature and recycled products for decorations! Great day to use your BBQ! What about grilled portabella mushrooms with a lovely leafy green salad with tomatoes and yellow peppers with a yummy organic dressing!
7. Talk to others about the environment! Without being bossy or pushy share facts with family and friends on things that they could do to make the planet greener!
8. This is perfect day to get the kids to recycle their old toys by donating them to Goodwill or similar. Set an example and do the same thing with items around the house including cloths!
9. Take the opportunity to learn more about the environment and what else you can do to make your future more “Green”
10. Turn it off! Turn it all off! Strive to use as little electricity as possible! Or do a rerun of Earth Hour!
11. Spend some time signing online “Green” petitions
12. Make your own Green cleaning products!
Find an Earth Day event near you!